Underground LPG tanks
CHEMET offers in continuous sale serially produced underground tanks for propane and propane-butane gas in four basic dimensions: 2700 l, 4850 l, 6400 l, 9200 l.
The tanks are manufactured in accordance with the standards of the European Pressure Directive PED and marked with the CE mark for the 4th climate zone and adapted to the following operating parameters – temperature -20 / + 40 ° C and maximum pressure of 15.6 bar. In the years 2010 and 2011, CHEMET introduced into serial production a new line of LPG tanks with diameters 1000 mm and 1250 mm and operating parameters from -40 to + 50 ° C and operating pressure up to 20 bar.
As in the case of above-ground tanks, underground tanks are used in heating installations of single and multi-family residential buildings, hotel and leisure facilities, office and industrial facilities. They are also often used in installations where gas is used for technological purposes, as well as in liquid gas storage facilities or small gas bottling plants. And in this case, the significant purpose of the tanks are the so-called autogas.
The undoubted advantage of underground tanks is their location, which significantly increases the level of safety during operation, without affecting the structure of the area (the tank is invisible). Due to the unquestionable aspects of safety and aesthetic values, the transition from above-ground to underground tanks is currently being observed.
The design of the tanks complies with the PED Directive 2014/68 / EU and harmonized standards. The tanks are made of carbon steel sheets, covered with high-quality, modern, ecological anti-corrosive polyurethane coating. These coatings meet the requirements of high tightness, are tested for breakdown with a voltage of at least 14 kV, they are also covered by a guarantee of quality and durability. The tank is equipped with a plastic dome, allowing access to the fittings and additionally protecting it.
Standard underground LPG tanks are equipped with the following fittings:
- REGO filling valve – 1 ¾ ACME connection to the road tanker,
- gas phase intake valve with manometer and overflow pipe – connection for the 1st degree reducer POL internal thread,
- service valve / emergency emptying of the REGO tank – PT ”NPT connection to the road tanker,
- Rochester fill indicator
- safety valve (s) with shut-off valve by REGO or GOK.
You can also choose additional options, such as:
- liquid phase intake valve,
- liquid phase return valve,
- electronic connection and probe for measuring the filling level and temperature,
- additional connections for technological purposes,
- other connections to be agreed and according to customer needs.
All fittings have a CE mark. The fittings are protected on the tank with a plastic cap.
CHEMET offers you the purchase of additional elements together with underground LPG tanks:
- 1st and 2nd stage regulators with standard parameters for use in heating installations of residential buildings (capacity 12 kg / h; outlet pressure),
- cathodic protection assembly kits,
- prefabricated foundation slabs.
Technical data to download for underground tanks
tel.: +48 32 39 33 192
kom.: +48 693 437 374
fax: +48 32 39 33 301